[Sugar-devel] Sugar 0.94 - Schedule proposal

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Jul 29 10:14:24 EDT 2011

On 29 July 2011 14:26, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> Hmmm, I understand your desire for that from a Fedora perspective. The
> problem is: NM 0.9 is not backward compatible, so the Sugar 0.94 would only
> work with NM 0.9 onwards. So a Fedora 14 based OLPC release would not be
> able to use Sugar 0.94, afaik. Suggestions?

It would be possible to make Sugar support both - but I'm not sure how
feasible that is.

If we need to choose between one or the other, I think Sugar-0.94
should support NM-0.9, because I'm now assuming that is the norm. It
certainly is for Fedora, and Peter suggests that it probably is for
openSUSE (and any other distro that uses gnome-shell, where NM-0.9 is
a requirement). Can anyone speak for other distros?

cheers,
Daniel