[Sugar-devel] Bare JIDs on jabber.sugarlabs.org

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-3 at silbe.org
Mon Jul 18 11:40:14 EDT 2011

Excerpts from Aleksey Lim's message of Mon Jul 18 16:28:00 +0200 2011:

> If you are using jabber.sl.o, and your JID is from the following list,
> what your sugar version?
>
>     d2d0c6ad6fb3590888f265aacd9a2f858222a96b at jabber.sugarlabs.org
>     2c2210870152c0424cfa1962f007e4ccd084434f at jabber.sugarlabs.org
>     7663e716f145bbf41c731920a7a9e144a9bd9d6c at jabber.sugarlabs.org

Have you tried contacting them via Jabber? Chances are rather slim they
a) read sugar-devel, b) find your subject interesting and c) are willing
to do the work of figuring our what their JID is.

> To know what your JID is:
[...]

There's an easier way. Just run the following command from a terminal:

python -c 'import hashlib, sugar.profile;
print hashlib.sha1(sugar.profile.get_pubkey()).hexdigest()'

You can do this even outside of Sugar, but if you're using sugar-jhbuild
you need to wrap it:

~/sugar-jhbuild/sugar-jhbuild run python -c 'import hashlib, sugar.profile;
print hashlib.sha1(sugar.profile.get_pubkey()).hexdigest()'

This will print just the public key hash without @jabber.sugarlabs.org
appended.

FWIW, on my own server my XO-1.5 (running Sugar 0.92) has no nick name
set either. I don't remember when the user was created on this server,
but it might have been after Sugar 0.90.

Telepathy-gabble tells its own version when asked for the client version
via XMPP, so this might give you an idea what the users you asked about
above are currently running.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/