[Sugar-devel] #2963 UNSP: Sugar telepathy code does not take into account presence status of buddies

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Sat Jul 16 08:17:03 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 10:04:12AM +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
> On 13 July 2011 21:52, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at activitycentral.org> wrote:
> > Ok. Though, my point is that jabber.sl.o uses preliminary prosody sugar
> > plugin and I'm improving it right now (and sugar code as well, will post
> > patches). Will setup jabber-devel.sl.o then.
>
> Oh, now that's the first I've heard of that. So you ditched ejabberd,
> changed to a new jabber server, added your own (unpublished?
> unreviewed? experimental?) code, and didn't announce the change? All
> this on the server that Sugar installations connect to by default?

> My points regarding having an extreme case test server still stand -
> but knowing that this is a server misconfigured at the code level
> change my opinion. We have better ways to spend our time. With this in
> mind I'd recommend reverting jabber.sugarlabs.org back to what it was
> before, and running your own experiments on servers with other names.

Maybe thats the misunderstanding of jabber.sl.o purpose. Thats, at least
I'm leading by that reason, exactly not for production testing of jabber
servers (what ever it will be) that will be used in school servers. It
is about for-development-purpose workflow (at least things like
periodically trimming jabber clones is exactly for not production
procedure). Pre-production testing needs more special servers.

I've backed up current db, though it will be useless for ejabberd, and
applying new prosody patch.

--
Aleksey