[Sugar-devel] jabber is causing dbus errors in sugar 0.92.1 here is way to stop jabber connection and fix "application did no start" on first try.

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Mon Jul 4 21:55:02 EDT 2011

Booted from  SoaSv5-20110612-i686 [1]

Sugar on a Stick 5 (Coconut)
Fedora release 15 (Lovelock)
0.92.1

 Jabber has >>200 avitars.....long delay getting the display (booted
from Cd)
 Most applications require starting 2 times to run.
 Unfortunately network in CP will not start so I cannot erase the jabber
entry

Jabber is causing dbus errors in sugar 0.92.1. Here is way to stop
jabber connection:
 http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Fedora-SoaS#Do_not_connect_Cat-5_wired_network_before_doing_the_following

I saw this first in todays testing of XO-1.5:
 http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Community/Distributions/Fedora#testing_os871_XO-1.5

These observations suggest building the Soasv5 release with empty jabber
field in Network setting.
Then the response is quick and the empty jabber setting can be fixed
when sugar 0.92.x is fixed.

Tom Gilliard
satellit

[1]http://fedora.roving-it.com/SoaSv5-20110612-i686.iso