[Sugar-devel] Sugar TOAST instructions

Sebastian Silva sebastian at somosazucar.org
Thu Jan 20 00:01:45 EST 2011

Hi friends,
I want to build a Trisquel Toast like we had in 3.0.
I know others are working on it, so perhaps we can sync.
I'd like to setup for myself a development environment where I can:

01 Build Sugar packages from source and test them
02 Build a TOAST 4.0 or 4.5 from said packages into ISO for booting from USB

This way we'll be able to customize a TOAST for regional use, add
content/activities,
which we plan to distribute to children in rural parts, starting here in
Colombia.

For 0:
Seems to me this is exactly what
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Platform_Team/Guide/Core_development
is for, but when I run "sweets --deep clone sugar" i get:
/Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module":
libpk-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
WARNING:root:Trying mirror server for feed
http://sweets.sugarlabs.org/sweets
/
followed by a dialog box saying:
/Unknown scheme in download URL 'git://git.sugarlabs.org/0sugar/sweets.git'
/
Aleksey, I can you help me on how to build these packages from sources?

for 1:
There must be a way to build a special selection of packages into an ISO.
Ruben could you or somebody point me to something to start, a Doc maybe?

Thanks in advance to both of you or the charitable soul that will help
our endeavor...

Should I be doing 4.5 or 4.0?
I'll share as soon as I manage to build something.

Peace.
Sebastian