[Sugar-devel] Activities not compatible with Sugar-0.90

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Jan 18 17:06:06 EST 2011

On 18 January 2011 22:00, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> This wasn't considered good for deployments enough because it doesn't
> allow the pedagogical team to do any QA on updates before they hit the
> users.

Agreed. This is not for deployments, this is for development.

> The downside of this approach is that development builds no longer get
> the latest and greatest activities automatically. Is this what is
> bothering you?

Yes.

> Perhaps we could add separate microformat URLs that
> filter by Sugar version.

This would be good, but is basically what we have now in a different format:
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/services/update-aslo.php?id=ACTIVITY&appVersion=0.90

and I gathered from Aleksey that this isn't what
activities.sugarlabs.org is designed for. (but judging from further
now)

Daniel