[Sugar-devel] Activities not compatible with Sugar-0.90

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Jan 18 15:32:26 EST 2011

On 18 January 2011 19:58, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> You can either do not use "appVersion" and update-aslo.php will return
> recent versions or just create collection. The activity-testing.sl.o
> implementation allows setting particular activity versions (it will be
> pushed to production after testing within dextrose-2, that was the
> purpose for this feature). In the last case, collection content will be
> accessible via microformat page, eg:
>
> http://activities-testing.sugarlabs.org/services/micro-format.php?collection_nickname=fructose

I don't think either of those is what I need:

If I drop appVersion, I'd get activities that run only on Sugar-0.92
and are incompatible with Sugar-0.90 (none right now, but I forsee a
couple appearing before mid-April arrives). I want activities that are
compatible with Sugar-0.90.

If I use a collection, the versions are fixed to the exact versions
that I add to the collection, whereas (see last mail) I want the
latest activity version compatible with Sugar-0.90.
(please correct me if I've misunderstood what a collection is)

I'm now feeling more confident that my current approach is correct. Thoughts?

Daniel