[Sugar-devel] TurtleBlocks driving lego NXT 2.0 -

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 11:37:49 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Here is what I am thinking re TA extensions:
>
> That'd work. But I am trying to think what the right user experience is.
>
> Will they appear...
>
>  - the NXT/Arduino/other is plugged to USB (so the /dev/ node
> exists?... what about bluetooth?)

That is up to whatever gets coded as the device detection algorithm.
My strategy is to move that decision out from tawindow.py where it
currently sits.

>  - if a NXT/Arduino/other was seen once on this laptop?

That is a good question. Because presumably this is a shared resource
and kids might want to hack on their projects without the device.

>  - if a file using NXT/Arduino/other extension is opened?

Not sure what you mean here.

>  - if a file using NXT/Arduino/other extension has ever been opened on
> this laptop?
>
>  - if the libraries/tools needed are present?

I presume we will include all the necessary libraries in the bundle.

thanks.

-walter

--
Walter Bender