[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Fw: #2556 UNSP: Get books: hangs after query

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 10:40:03 EST 2011

Gonzalo,

"Get Internet Archive Books" is based on using an API that the
Internet Archive has been providing for years.  Get Books uses OPDS.
GIAB was written first, by me.  Sayamindu came up with the idea of
using OPDS in a similar Activity.  He copied the user interface from
my Activity to make his.

As far as I can tell Get Books is not being actively developed.  If
Get Books ever does all the things that Sayamindu planned then we
could get rid of GIAB.  For the time being I prefer to keep it around.
 It does a couple of things better than Sayamindu's Activity.

It might be nice to have just one book reading Activity and one
book-finding-and-downloading Activity, but there are good reasons why
we don't.

James Simmons