[Sugar-devel] New Dextrose 2 build: os438dx

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Jan 8 23:19:18 EST 2011

This release of Dextrose 2 is intended for beta testing. Images for the
XO-1 and XO-1.5 can be downloaded here:

  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Dextrose

I've not bothered uploading GNOME-enabled images, since Paraguay does
not use it. I could be convinced to generate them if it's needed by a
deployment for evaluation purposes only.

The major highlight in this release is a simple automated updater based
on yum which will hopefully enable us to deploy small updates
effortlessly. The final release should be ready by Feb 22, when schools
reopen in Paraguay, and if the updater works well we'll be able to fix
any remaining bugs post-release. This build also includes a refresh of
the new activity updater which supports the "OLPC microformat" protocol.
Please test both these features vigorously.

This release is missing several Sugar fixes that went into OLPC 10.1.3
over the last weeks. The queue of patches waiting to be merged in
Dextrose is quite long and new features have to take precedence so they
can get tested early on. We also have some small features that we hope
to merge in time for this release. Consult the todo list for more
information.

=== Changes ===
* Yum updater (alsroot, m_anish)
* Notification system (tch)
* Refresh activity updater (m_anish)
* Revert to old build naming scheme, to avoid confusing users (bernie)

=== Updated activities ===
* Abacus-19
* Arithmetic-2
* Calculate-35
* Chat-69
* Distance-21
* Edit-8
* FotoToon-5
* Implode-10
* IRC-8
* Jukebox-20
* Labyrinth-11
* Maze-6
* Measure-32
* Memorize-36
* Paint-30
* Physics-8
* Pippy-38
* Record-87
* Speak-19
* TurtleArt-105
* VisualMatch-27
* Write-72

=== Updated OS packages ===
* bitfrost-1.0.10-3.fc11.i586
* bootfw-q3a62-1.unsigned.i386
* etoys-4.0.2340-2.noarch
* kernel-2.6.31_xo1.5-20101222.1243.1.olpc.7b21b8f27f2887b.i586
* kernel-firmware-2.6.31_xo1.5-20101222.1243.1.olpc.7b21b8f27f2887b.i586
* olpc-bootanim-2.12-5.dxo4.fc11.i586
* olpc-contents-2.6-1.fc11.i586
* olpc-kbdshim-16-1.fc11.i586
* olpc-powerd-32-1.fc11.i586
* olpc-powerd-dbus-32-1.fc11.i586
* olpc-runin-tests-0.9.43-1.noarch
* olpc-update-2.23-1.fc11.noarch
* olpc-utils-1.0.37-1.fc11.i586
* squeak-vm-3.10.5-4.fc11.i586
* xorg-x11-drv-openchrome-0.2.990-2.fc11.i586
* xorg-x11-drv-sisusb-0.9.1-2.fc11.i586
* xulrunner-1.9.1.9-2.fc11.i586