[Sugar-devel] Copyright notices

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Jan 2 21:12:35 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 12:37 +1100, James Cameron wrote:

> The GPL does indicate the minimum text to be displayed, it is only a few
> lines, and I think that is sufficient.  We have the full license
> available in the control panel.  But do we have translations for the
> minimum text?

Ugh. I'm volunteering only to do the minimum amount of work to implement
a generic About dialog for activities, including mentioning the license.
This is still an improvement upon the current lack of information.

If lawyers demanded that we translate the GPL in Sanskrit, then they'd
have to find someone else willing to do the work :-)

> > Anyway, if there's some consensus on the basic idea of an About
> > function for activities, I could work on a patch in my spare time.
>
> I still can't figure out how to achieve consensus decision making in the
> absence of a meeting or a membership list.  ;-)

I guess we should ask the development team to resume weekly meetings.
Silbe or Erikos could chair them.