[Sugar-devel] pygame activities stop XO sleep?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jan 2 21:09:17 EST 2011

Paul Fox wrote:
> Peter wrote:
>  > James' redraw idea is working well but sadly no-one seems able to assist
>  > with the problem of the XO-1 losing the ability to suspend even AFTER my
>  > activity exits. I hasten to add that my XO-1 suspends normally if I don't
>  > use my activity.
>
> peter has told me off-list that he's running build 802 on his XO-1.
> that's an ohmd build, and lots of other things were/are different as
> well.  i'm not sure what else to suggest.  anyone else?

I've tested just now with XO-1 and os802 (8.2.1), with Control Panel ->
Power -> Automatic power management turned on, and can't reproduce the
symptom.  The system correctly enters idle suspend with power LED off
under the following conditions:

1.  after booting,

2.  after running Physics-8,

3.  after running Boxes-13,

4.  while running Physics-8, with empty model,

5.  while running Physics-8, with a non-empty non-moving model,

It does not enter idle suspend with Boxes-13 active.

Peter, what OpenFirmware version?  Control Panel, About my XO?

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/