[Sugar-devel] git problems (reprise)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jan 2 19:43:30 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 11:39:42AM -0500, Art Hunkins wrote:
> My comment about the necessity of logging in was prompted by my
> frustration at being "hung up (on) unexpectedly" most times when I
> tried to do something with git - I presume, now, mostly when *pushing*
> to gitorious. And this turned out to be because I had neglected to log
> in. Maybe I'm touchy, but one of the more frustrating things in life
> is to be "hung up on" - particularly with no explanation (or an
> impenetrable one).

Since I've been able to push using git over SSH without being "logged
in" via the web browser, I'm fairly certain you're making an invalid
assumption here.

Yes, unexpected hangup is annoying, and the lack of explanation makes it
harder to diagnose.

Next time you have a chance, please confirm my observation by logging
out of gitorious and then trying a push.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/