[Sugar-devel] Errors while running sugar emulator

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 09:34:27 EST 2011

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:20 AM, akshit chhabra <chhabra.dce at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have installed sugar in Karmic 9.10 but is not able to run it due to some
> errors
> The error log can be viewed here: http://pastebin.com/ATWzX5PF

There is a bug-tracker component for the Ubuntu distro... not sure who is
managing that project at the moment. A quick look at your error log and it
seems that some script you are running is trying to pass a Title argument to
some module that doesn't want/need it. Should be pretty easy to track down.
Is this Sugar installed with apt-get or sugar-jhbuild?

> Please suggest an alternate solution.I want to start working on activities.

The most simple way to get started would be to use one of the Virtual
Machines that are described here:

   http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Downloads#Virtual_Machines_on_all_platforms

regards.

-walter