[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Read-88

Mike Lee curiouslee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 22:47:06 EST 2011

Hi Peter (or anyone),

Does this mean Read 87 in 10.1.3 still does not have Epub support?

Also, I know it clearly says on A.sl.o that Read 88 is for Sugar 0.90,
but I downloaded it anyway and installed it into 10.1.3/0.84 on an
XO-1.5 to see what would happen. Read 88 replaces 87 in the activity
ring and launches. The icon pulses for a while, then the activity
quits.

I went to delete Read 88 to try to restore Read 87 and found that
erase has been disabled.

Perhaps this has been discussed somewhere else, but a seemingly good
nice feature to implement one day for A.sl.o would be to sniff for the
Browser/Sugar version and warn before downloading. Additionally, an
activity that is not compatible with a particular Sugar OS should put
up a dialog saying so on a launch attempt. Or better yet, not install
in the activity ring in the first place.

Mike