[Sugar-devel] School server vs. AP (was: Re: [Dextrose] [DESIGN] Reflect internet connectivity in the 'Network' frame icon)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-2 at silbe.org
Wed Feb 16 05:07:43 EST 2011

Excerpts from Martin Langhoff's message of Tue Feb 15 14:54:50 +0100 2011:

[splitting of sub-thread to sugar-devel]

> One of the thoughts I have on this specific topic is that we want to
> associate the XS icon to the AP, and/or have a badge on any AP that
> can reach an XS.

Interesting idea. How would you handle the following cases?

a) XS reachable via wired ethernet or GSM managed by NetworkManager
b) NetworkManager doesn't manage the connection to the XS (e.g. LTSP)

For a) we might simply show non-802.11 device icons in the Neighbourhood,
but b) gets rather tricky as there is no connection we can visually
associate the XS with.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/