[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Reflect internet connectivity in the 'Network' frame icon

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-2 at silbe.org
Tue Feb 15 03:53:00 EST 2011

Excerpts from Anish Mangal's message of Mon Feb 14 22:20:23 +0100 2011:

> Since this discussion has many different areas (Usage goals, Backend
> implementation, UI implementation) should we move this to a wiki page?
> This way, anyone replying to a specific point won't have to waste time
> filtering the points relative to them.

Please don't. That hides the discussion; everyone would need to "watch"
(explicit action required) the wiki page in order to be notified about
changes and since the change notifications don't contain diffs, we need
to visit the page each time (requiring an internet connection, i.e.
cannot be done while reading mail offline). And unless you're going to
make it an entire hierarchy of wiki pages, I don't see how people could
filter more easily than when the discussion is on the list.

If there's actually that much to discuss, I suggest splitting up into
several threads. Everyone not interested in one or more of the threads
can simply tell their MUA to ignore the respective thread(s).

Wikis are great for conserving and collecting information and for
presenting information to the outside, but IMO they are not suited well
to discussion.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/