[Sugar-devel] mime types when moving files from journal to usb

Erik Blankinship erikb at mediamods.com
Sat Feb 12 20:18:58 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Sascha Silbe <
sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-2 at silbe.org> wrote:

> Excerpts from Erik Blankinship's message of Fri Feb 11 21:08:20 +0100 2011:
>
> > I noticed there were two svg icons in the physics activity directory:
> >  application-x-physics-project.svg and activity-physics.svg.
> >
> > Is there now a way to assign an icon to the files generated/used by my
> > activity based on their extension type?
>
> You already discovered that way. If you ship your icons as
> activity/<primary_type>-<subtype>.svg Sugar will automatically install
> them [1].

Thank you for your help as I try to get this to work.

I must be doing something wrong with mimetypes.xml.  Here is a very small
activity that let's you click a button to save your game state.
https://github.com/jedierikb/supes.activity

Things broken with this activity:
(1) The icon application-x-supes-saved.svg is not used in the journal for
saved game files.
(2) Activity instance files dragged to usb are not given the extension
*.superduper
(3) Saved game files dragged to usb are not given the extension
*.superduper_saved

[note: trying this on olpc 10.1.3, sugar 84, but would like it to work with
sugar 84+]