[Sugar-devel] mime types when moving files from journal to usb

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-2 at silbe.org
Fri Feb 11 15:11:17 EST 2011

Excerpts from Erik Blankinship's message of Fri Feb 11 20:24:39 +0100 2011:

> I have created a mime-type for saved files in my video game:
> application/x-my-cool-game.  Datastore entries' metadata are saved with this
> mime-type.

[...]

I'll repeat my recommendation [1] to read my explanations of Journal<->
USB stick interactions [2]. While there have been recent changes to this
area (currently only in OLPC builds), you'll have the best overall
experience (including Gnome interoperation) if you provide a matching
mimetypes.xml [3].

Sascha

[1] http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-December/029375.html
[2] http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-October/thread.html#27983