[Sugar-devel] determine origin of file selected from an object chooser?

Erik Blankinship erikb at mediamods.com
Thu Feb 10 11:30:55 EST 2011

> > How can I determine if a file loaded with a sugar object chooser was
> > selected from the datastore or from an external storage device?
>
> On Sugar 0.84+, there is no difference. Objects on external storage get
> copied to the data store first.

But the objects don't get copied to the Journal (or at least I don't see
them there).

Maybe I should rephrase my question: how can I know if the selected object
was loaded from the Journal?

What I am trying to do:
If an object is loaded from an external device, I want to add a copy of that
object to the user's journal.