[Sugar-devel] closing an activity immediately

Erik Blankinship erikb at mediamods.com
Wed Feb 9 13:55:12 EST 2011

If I wanted to stop an activity as soon as it was initiated, how would I do
that?  The code below hangs with a grey screen.

Why would I want to do this?  I am trying to understand how the sugar code
base works.  This seems like a good exercise for understanding how sugar
activities start and stop.

Yes, this would be a bad user experience.

class NotTodayActivity( activity.Activity ):

    def __init__( self, handle ):
        activity.Activity.__init__( self, handle )

        self._auto_shut_down = False
        if not self.should_this_activity_run_today( ):
            self._auto_shut_down = True
            logger.debug( "goin' down" )
            self.close( )
            return

   def write_file( self, file_path ):
        logger.debug( "write_file..." )
        if self._auto_shut_down:
             return

   def should_this_activity_run_today( self ):
        #todo: details go here
        return False