[Sugar-devel] New genealogic activity for Sugar

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Dec 29 17:15:31 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 11:03:53PM +0100, Lionel Lask? wrote:
> Many wives is not a problem but brothers marrying with sisters (brrrr)
> is not supported thought I saw it too on Egyptian Pharaon dynasty.

Accidents happen.  Software should not set policy.  Stick to a model
based on evidence rather than a model based on assumed reality.

Also, imagine the software being used for breeding of animals, where
that kind of pairing is an occasionally acceptable method of husbandry.

The genealogical software environment is extensive; you might want to
look at a standard format export such as GEDCOM.  Which sticks to an
assumed reality position.  Heh.

I know more about this than I would like ... my father is a genealogist
... Alistair Cameron Research.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/