[Sugar-devel] FW: scratch on aslo

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 15 18:49:07 EST 2011

On 15 Dec 2011, at 21:55, Samuel Klein <sj at laptop.org> wrote:

> * unmaintained or dormantly-maintained but working activities

This one is quite a tough one, activities are distributed across a seemingly grey continuum, from non-responding authors, to authors who release in time with the Sugar release schedules.

The term 'working' also needs careful definition given the wide variety of distros and hardware that Sugar can be run under (testing platform usually at the discretion of the maintainer). This alone would be quite a large matrix. With an Activity Team hat on, we should focus on polishing and maintaining the core of the known quality learning activities, to act as leading lights, and encouraging other developers to follow where there time allows. The whole 'let a thousand flowers bloom' metaphor unfortunately leads to the vast majority being left to compost.

--Gary