[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Dextrose 2 patches report

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Dec 8 22:38:26 EST 2011

Let's cross-post this merge plan on sugar-devel, where it can be
discussed with the the upstream Sugar developers.

For those not subscribed to both lists, there was a short thread here:
  http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/dextrose/2011-December/001476.html

There's nothing inherently wrong if some Dextrose patches can never be
upstreamed for one reason or another. For downstream distributors it's
normal practice to carry around a *reasonable* delta. This can happen
for various reasons, including product differentiation and customer
support.