[Sugar-devel] [SWEETS] Sweets v1.0.4/5 releases

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Tue Dec 6 18:05:03 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 05:43:42PM -0500, Rafael Ortiz wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at activitycentral.org>wrote:
>
> > == Sweets-1.0.4 ==
> >
> > * Fix 'status -d' command
> >
> > == Sweets-1.0.5 ==
> >
> > * Implement all, useful, setup.py's commands
> >
> > http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Platform_Team/Guide/Sweets_Packaging#Developing_activities
> > * Contine polishing the help messages
> >

> Tested the new setup.py commands great!.
>
> I always use the sugar-install-bundle command to install the modified .xo
> into the system, setup.py also does this with the -install append. I have
> to do this inside the emulator, any chances that sweets can have a similar
> feature ?.
>
> Having in mind that:
> ''install - function installs the activity to the root system. Sweets
> avoid, by design, any global changes during its regular behaviour''.

I think, we can rethink the checkout command. For now it is:

    checkout [RECIPE|SWEET [PATH]]
        register PATH as a valid RECIPE|SWEET's implementation

but originally idea was to exactly getting the source of a sweet, ie:

    sweets checkout dextrose/sugar

should get (somehow) dextrose/sugar sources to place it to he local fs
(and after that, register it). So, it migh be

    sweets checkout XO_FILE [DST_PATH]

and XO_FILE will be unzipped to DST_PATH (to ~/Activities by default) and
registered (when Sweets will have a GUI to run activities) as an
implementation for the sweet it implements.

--
Aleksey