[Sugar-devel] Sugar-devel Digest, Vol 38, Issue 17

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Tue Dec 6 10:17:31 EST 2011

You can import and export items from the sugar journal
with this complicated procedure :

Insert a 2nd USB
(required to be present for this to work)
open the frame (upper right corner with mouse)
highlight the desired lines in terminal or browser
click the scissors up icon (copy)  on the  top bar
click on the journal icon on to frame
move to the bottom left edge of frame
right click on  clipping icon on the left bottom edge of frame
hover on this icon select Keep which appears
retract frame
bottom bar shows journal and USB icon
drag the new clipping listed in the journal icon with mouse to the 2nd
USB icon now showing in bottom bar next to journal icon
hover over the USB icon
remove
remove USB from computer running sugar
insert USB into another windows or linux computer and drag file on USB
to the desktop
(or into host system by removing and re-inserting it after exiting sugar)
open and copy this file to a paste bin application in your browser

Note this same method  (drag-drop from a 2nd USB) can be used to export
Photos from the sugar record activity
and to import to journal of (activity.xo) files if reversed