[Sugar-devel] [Sugar emulator][Ubuntu 11.04] I can't install an activity (with the setup.py)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Dec 5 17:41:22 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 11:32:02PM +0100, laurent bernabe wrote:
> I forgot to mention that the only way I got most of Pippy examples to
> work, was by installing Sweet distribution => with the standard
> emulator given in xubuntu packages, I did not manage. So maybe it is a
> bigger problem than setting the PYTHONPATH.

No, that's a different problem.  The Ubuntu packages for Pippy do not
include everything that the Sweets and activities.sugarlabs.org packages
for Pippy provide.  They are different packages of Pippy.

When you use the non-standard emulator in the Ubuntu packages, you are
not using the original released Pippy activity.

(I'm a maintainer of Pippy).

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/