[Sugar-devel] [Sugar emulator][Ubuntu 11.04] I can't install an activity (with the setup.py)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Dec 5 17:07:33 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 06:28:15PM +0100, laurent bernabe wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am following the ActivitiesGuideSugar pdf from august 2010.
>

>   * I've fetched tutorial source code for etext activity (chapter 5 :
>     inheriting from Activity.activity)
>   * I've modified, carefully i think, the svg picture with Inkscape and edited
>     the xml structure
>   * I installed the Sugar Sweets distribution
>
> But when I try to setup the activity from the emulator terminal, I get an error
> saying that there is no module called sugar.activity
> (the line in fault : "from sugar.activity import bundlebuilder".
>
> Have I forgotten an important step in my sugar environment ?

Yes, but I can't tell exactly which step is missing, without diagnosing
further.  Everybody else seems to have speculated and recommended
alternate methods.  ;-}

Your message subject says Ubuntu.  On Ubuntu, the bundlebuilder.py file
is provided by the python-sugar-toolkit package.

I don't know if Sweets changes this fundmental behaviour of Ubuntu, but
if it does I'm sure someone will say so.

Please check the list of packages installed, and if necessary use the
packaging system to install the python-sugar-toolkit package.

If the package is already installed, please check the files it installs:

dpkg --listfiles python-sugar-toolkit-0.88 | grep bundlebuilder

(you may need to change the version number)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/