[Sugar-devel] What should be the best set in order to develop for Sugar in Ubuntu, today ?

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Mon Dec 5 12:09:39 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 11:48:40AM +0100, laurent bernabe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for the late answer, I had to reinstall my Linux partition
>
> I've came back to Xubuntu Oenreric Ocelot (11.10), unfortunately before an
> advice has been given to this mailing list for Fedora 16 and Gnome 3. So
> i'm not able to follow it right now.
>
> So, in Xubuntu, I tried to install Sweet, but it tells me that
> => sweets-evince-python and sweets-hulaop dependencies could not be resolved
>

> So, should I come back to a Fedora distribution or go back to a Ubuntu
> 11.04 or lower ?

Yeah, in case of evince, projects are migrating to gtk3 but
sugar/activities doesn't support it for now. You can try to avoud using
"-S" command line parameter, eg:

    sweets sdk/sugar:emulator

or

    sweets dextrose/sugar:emulator

Will see how to avoid confusion when sweets breakes w/ error...
In any case, if need only Sugar Shell to run your activities and ones
w/o hard system dependencies, it should be enough.

--
Aleksey