[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Browse: move stop/reload button into the url entry

manuel quiñones manuel.por.aca at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 10:07:33 EDT 2011

>>> http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/designs/background_stop.png
>>> http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/designs/background_cancel.png
>>>
>>> Here is an example with an icon with a transparent background:
>>>
>>> http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/designs/no_background_reload.png
>>>
>>> I could imagine here nicely the cancel icon just with the 'X' colored (if
>>> can get an icon like that to try it out would be nice).
>>>
>>> Safari is using an icon without the circle, the latter option. I am not
>>> yet
>>> sure which option I like better. The background one looks more like a
>>> button. The no background one is more visually discreet.
>>
>> Yes I agree.  That was what I was trying to do in my first post to
>> this thread.  Here are new icons without the circle:
>>
>> http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/browse_design/v3/dialog-cancel.svg
>> http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/browse_design/v3/media-playback-stop.svg
>> http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/browse_design/v3/view-refresh.svg
>>
>> Any feedback is welcome!
>
> Thanks Manuel!
>
> The stop option I do find not distinctive enough:
> http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/designs/no_background_stop.png

You are right.  Can you try with this one? Following Gonzalo comment:

http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/browse_design/v3/media-playback-stop-2.svg

> http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/designs/no_background_cancel.png and
> http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/designs/no_background_reload_manu.png I like
> quite a lot.
>
> They would work well for me.
>
> The stroke is a bit lighter her than in your reload-without-background
> example: http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/designs/background_reload.png Can you
> make one with the same stroke for comparison?

Please try with this and tell me if it needs any change:

http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/browse_design/v3/view-refresh-2.svg

--
.. manuq ..