[Sugar-devel] Removal of Activity Keep button

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Aug 17 11:07:01 EDT 2011

On 08/17/2011 04:13 PM, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> On 08/17/2011 04:03 PM, James Simmons wrote:
>> Simon,
>>
>> All my Activities hide the Keep button. I would like to be able to have
>> fully backward compatible Activities for as long as possible.
>> Everything I
>> wrote should work in anything from .82 to the present. Hiding the
>> button by
>> default would be better than just getting rid of it.
>>
>> James Simmons
>
> Hi James,
>
> they should with the patch below. Does your activity run with current
> master and the patch below?
>
> Regards,
> Simon

I just tested James' ReadExtect and it does start fine with the patch I
proposed. And he does remove the button.

/home/erikos/Activities/ReadETexts.activity/ReadEtextsActivity.py:353:
       activity_toolbar.remove(activity_toolbar.keep)
/home/erikos/Activities/ReadETexts.activity/ReadEtextsActivity.py:354:
       activity_toolbar.keep = None

So, we are good to go - I would say.

Regards,
    Simon