[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Browse: move stop/reload button into the url entry

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Aug 17 03:17:37 EDT 2011

On 08/14/2011 09:23 PM, Gary Martin wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> On 13 Aug 2011, at 16:02, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Gary pointed out at one point that one could move the stop/reload button from the toolbar to the url entry similar to what Safari is doing.
>>
>> Attached is a screenshot of that. The button does have the same change behavior as before (changes to stop when loading the page, changes to reload when done, when clicking on the reload button - reload the page). The reload-button is graphically not as visible. Would be nice if a designer could have a look at this.
>>
>> Attached is as well a patch (against current Browse master as of today) to try it out.
>
> Oooh thanks for looking into this! I'll try and take a look at the patch myself, but from a designer point of view can the widget be enlarged a little and pushed further to the right edge of the end of the url entry widget (as if the rounded end were a complete circle and the icon placed at its centre)?
>
> Regards,
> --Gary

Hmm, the issue about the icon size and the positioning seems to come
from the icon itself. When I put the 'media-playback-stop' [1] or
'dialog-cancel' [2] or any other icon at 55px width and height I get the
result seen in the screen shot I posted.

When I use the 'system-search' [3] which we use in the other entries the
positioning and the icon size is correct. The 'system-search' has the
values: width="22.156px" height="22.156px" viewBox="0 0 22.156 22.156"
enable-background="new 0 0 22.156 22.156" Maybe the 'system-search' was
made that size especially for that case?

Hmmm,
    Simon

[1]
http://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-artwork/mainline/blobs/master/icons/scalable/actions/media-playback-stop.svg