[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Filter in home view

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Tue Aug 16 09:05:48 EDT 2011

It would be nice to allow search and launch rapidly, some ideas here from
the GNOME shell:

> You get to the search by using the 'windows-key' or by going to the hot
> corner [1]. When you type the number of items that do match are shown. The
> currently selected item (highlighted) can be launched directly by hitting
> enter/return [2]. You can go to the next item by using the up/down keys [3].
> We could do something similar - just that we use the greying effect to show
> matches and we could draw the hover-over rectangle for the currently
> selected item that will launch immediately when you click enter.

I have a tentative patch to do it (according to decide if we use alpha or
gray)
This patch apply over the
patch 0001-Implement-filter-in-home-view-using-alpha.patch
The implementation is simple, but I am not sure about the correctness.
I am using the private method _activate, and the functionality is used in
the favoritesview
and in the listview, but is implemented in the listview. Does not have sense
maintain two lists,
but sounds strange use it in this way. But I don't like moving the list to
HomeBox back and forth also.

Gonzalo