[Sugar-devel] New Sugar Commander for review, creates Journal entry

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 19:33:38 EDT 2011

Tony,

Regarding:

PS It would be fun if you could export the Journal as a text file.

The Journal entry IS a text file.  If you copy is to a USB drive using the
Journal screen what you'll have on the drive is a text file.  If you attach
it to an email using gmail or Yahoo the attachment will be a text file.

I'm thinking of doing pretty much the same thing with Get Internet Archive
Books.  The Journal entry would be a text list of the titles downloaded.  If
you resumed an existing session it would add the books to the end of the
existing list.  The list would include title, author, and language.

Gonzalo might be convinced to do the same thing with Get Books.

I fixed the SC code so that it saves the Journal entry when you change
focus.  SC still shows its own Journal object in the list but deleting it
does no harm.  If I can figure out how to not show that entry I will.  I'll
publish the finished Activity in a few days.

I will probably update my book.  I'll still include the modeless trick but
I'll mention that it does not work in every version of Sugar and I'll
suggest alternatives.

James Simmons