[Sugar-devel] Stateless activties (was Re: Fw: #3013 UNSP: toolbar error)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Aug 4 02:07:53 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 10:27:09AM +0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> I just tried Log activity, it does create a Journal entry by default.

This has since changed.  As I said, look at the Log activity source ...
sorry I wasn't explicit enough ... in the git repository.

Specifically,
http://git.sugarlabs.org/log/mainline/blobs/master/logviewer.py#line329
is where the activity instructs Sugar not to create a Journal entry by
default.

And,
http://git.sugarlabs.org/log/mainline/blobs/master/logviewer.py#line511
is where a Journal entry is created as a result of user action.

Sorry nobody has released a new version of Log yet.  That might be a
good idea.

> So I wonder, is the workaround described in the book supported?

Well, I don't know about supported, but it clearly doesn't work.  Let's
find out why and get it fixed, or changed.  That is, in Sugar or the
book.  Books are code too, but they are slightly harder to change.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/