[Sugar-devel] battery indicator missing on customized image based on 11.2.0 for XO 1.5

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Aug 3 11:59:16 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure why as the sugar packages have upower as a requirement.

Looks like an issue with OLPC's forked sugar package, where this
dependency isn't present. (the fork just removes the keyboard and
software updater dialogs from Sugar, everything else is upstream).

Thanks to Jerry for pointing us in the right direction and German for
getting back to us with the results. If we do another v3.0 release of
olpc-os-builder we'll force inclusion of upower for sugar, and for
11.3 we'll fix the sugar RPM to have the dependency.
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11106

Daniel