[Sugar-devel] Anyone up for a post Sugar Camp Hack Day? (was: Registration for the Sugar Camp in Paris (sept) are now open)

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 11:07:14 EDT 2011

Hi all,

speaking to Sascha earlier today he mentioned the idea of having a small
post Sugar Camp Hack Day or something.

I had already bought my flights for September 9 (Friday) to 14 (Wednesday)
anyway so I'll definitely be in town. I assume many others of the registered
participants (
http://fr.amiando.com/olpcfrance-sugarcamp2011.html;jsessionid=57C0354E37E6A4A314890B401B6EEF56.web02?page=571393)
are buying their tickets these days as well so it would be good to get a
head count of who would be up for such an event:-)

On another related question:

Have people figured out where they're staying while in Paris? As Sean's
urban camping site won't be available this time around I assume many of us
will stay at hostels. As the last Sugar Camp and also eduJAM! demonstrated
staying in one place tends to make things a lot easier, more productive, and
more fun so we should maybe try to do that again:-)

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Christoph

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Bastien <bzg at altern.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> registrations for the 2nd SugarCamp in Paris are now open:
>
>  http://fr.amiando.com/olpcfrance-sugarcamp2011.html
>
> Please join us in make Sugar a better learning experience!
>
> This event is organized by OLPC France, and takes place in
> Paris -- from 9th Sept. (eve) to 11th. Sept. (eve).
>
> Thanks to the sponsor of OLPC Foundation, and depending on
> the number of attendees, we will be able to partially refund
> travels tickets from regional trips.  Please contact us for
> any questions and details.
>
> The general purpose of the event is to enhance Sugar as a
> free learning platform, already used by ~1M kids around the
> world, but we suggest to focus an a specific problem: how to
> make Sugar *documentation* better with respect to accessibility
> and readability?
>
> Let's take this challenge.  And let's enjoy a relaxed time
> with many members of the OLPC/Sugar community!
>
>       OLPC: http://www.laptop.org
> OLPC France: http://olpc-france.org
>  Sugar Labs: http://sugarlabs.org
>    Contact: bzg at laptop.org