[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] ejabber school server

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Fri Apr 29 01:37:14 EDT 2011

On 28 April 2011 18:16, Rita Freudenberg <rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question reagrding the school server installation. When I have a network server already (centos 5 for instance), would it be possible to just take the ejabber-package from the school server to connect the sugar laptops?
>
> Thanks,
> Rita

Our XS-AU is an improved version of the OLPC XS. Version 1.0 (still in
development, but very stable) is based on Fedora 11. It can be easily
installed over an existing Fedora 11 installation:
http://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/xs-au/wiki/Install_on_an_existing_Fedora_installation

Given that CentOS 5 is based on Fedora 11, that might work.

For more information on the project:
http://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/xs-au/wiki/Wiki

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Technical Manager