[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Static snapshot of the Sugar HIG

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 17 22:45:05 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I've finally uploaded a static snapshot of the Sugar HIG. The goal was to pull all the official HIG information from the wiki into a single, fixed document, so we can keep it intact for future reference while we start to rework the live wiki version with all the new design work and material generated over the last year or two! No attempt was made to pull in new Sugar material or designs, it is simply a historical reference point.

I can provide an EPub version as well if needed, but I'd say pdf has wider client support at the moment (shout if there is some good reason to upload an EPub version that I've missed). The file is ~1.7MB, but could be good if you like reading from bleached, pulped trees (I've tried to give it a reasonable layout and pagination), or if you need to read it in digital format, offline, under your favourite living tree:

	http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Sugar_Human_Interface_Guidelines.pdf

I should note that it took some time digging around the wiki version to pull all the information together, a number of the sections have graphics that fail to show when included in a page via all the nested tempting on the wiki, the wiki.sl.org version has also dropped the whole section on Activity Toolbars (wiki.lt.org has the section included OK). So you might want to take a skim through this static snapshot and see if you've missed out on any interesting items ;-) I'll try and poke the wiki version into better shape, but it might be a while before I get to it (ping me if you want me to point more clearly at the broken bits).

Regards,
--Gary