[Sugar-devel] Volunteering to maintain GetBooks

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Mon Apr 11 11:08:16 EDT 2011

+1 One of the biggest challenges with activities maintenance is contacting
and engaging existing maintainers. That challenge is inherent to open source
projects everywhere. Peoples live and interests change -- they go back to
school, they get new jobs, and they start families.

One of the fine lines in open source is allocating and reassigning
responsibilities and authority between full time developers and part time
developers. I hesitate to use the term volunteers because even those who are
get paid to work full time on Sugar, deployment developers, OLPC developers,
and Activity Central are 'volunteers' from Sugar Labs point of view.

So far you, Rafael, and Sebastian are doing a good job finding the balance.

david