[Sugar-devel] Activities checklist

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 8 07:22:47 EDT 2011

On 7 Apr 2011, at 22:20, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
>> On 04/07/2011 09:14 AM, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
>>>
>>> Would be great if we can achieve all the activities included by default in
>>> OLPC [1] and Dextrose [2] images
>>> have the following items fixed:
>>> * new toolbar
>>> * self.max_participants with the proper value
>>> * MAINTAINERS file updated
>>> * use the default Ctrl-Q in the Stop Button (except terminal who use
>>> Ctrl-Shft-Q)
>>> * gettext support, access in git granted to user pootle
>>>
>>> Any more?
>>>
>>> Gonzalo
>>
>> Great initiative! Congrats to everyone involved.
>>
>> Here, are a few items that come to my mind (not intended to overload this
>> effort with too many expectations):
>>
>> - maybe we can create a page that has the following items:
>>
>> activity | maintainer(s) | git | dev | also
>>
>> The maintainer should have access to the git repo, the main maintainer
>> should be assigned in the bug tracker and have access also, so to keep track
>> of the current status maybe add this in some way to the table.
>
> It would be even nicer if such a table could be data driven by the
> git, trac, and aslo databases. Hand editing will soon be out of sync.

+1 to not hand editing a new wiki page, we seem to try this every now and again in various individual places, and is usually incomplete, out of date, or only partially correct. There are also quite frequently more than one individual involved in an activity effort, usually dipping back in from time to time, going dark for long periods, handing over responsibilities to others over time — I guess we do usually have one current maintainer, though historically this can end up as an unnamed member of Activity Team, usually alsroot ;-) and occasionally new versions get release by non-maintainers (complicating git and version numbering).

--Gary