[Sugar-devel] New Toolbar in activities

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:46:27 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> In the last weeks, a group of intrepid hackers were working to migrate
> the most popular activities to the new toolbar api.

Gonzalo,

I have not followed the toolbar discussion closely.  Can you please explain
to me how this will impact localization.  I can imagine two scenarios.

1) Tooltips (or labels) are localized once centrally in Glucose and called
from there by the activity toolbar API.

2) New sets of identical strings appear repeatedly in multiple Honey
activity's PO files.

I hope it is the first scenario (or something like it), but I would be
grateful if you could give me some insight into how these changes will be
reflected in the i18n and L10n process.

Warmest Regards,

cjl