[Sugar-devel] SoaS v5 status

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:18:21 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry for a lot of the recent radio silence. In short I've been
> travelling a lot and work and my personal life took over pretty close
> to completely since FUDCon at the end of January :-(
>
> That said I've spent some time over the last couple of days to fix up
> and  update some SoaS bits and as of the next compose the Fedora 15
> live image should be working [1].
>
> Those impatient people can boot up the current release and when it
> boots to the login screen do a "Ctrl + Alt + F2" login as root, run
> "rpm -e openbox", do a "Ctrl + Alt + F8" and then login and you should
> get a lovely sweet Sugar :-D
>
> So next on the SoaS release ToDo list is the following:
> - List of shipped (and working) Activities
> - Release name (Suggestions?)
> - Testing.

A slight follow up on the status of Activities that are currently
shipping with this release (feedback wanted):
Basic testing as working:
Abacus
Calculate
Chat
Log
Memorize
Physics
Pippy
Record
Speak
Terminal
Write
IRC

Activities with issues:
Browse (xulrunner/firefox issues)
Read (issues with gnome-python2-evince API changes/breakage)
TurtleArt (unknown - doesn't start)

If anyone is able to assist in the fixing of those 3 Activities I
would really appreciate it.

Peter