[Sugar-devel] Fedora_15_gnome3_with_sugar_0.92.0

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sat Apr 2 00:13:30 EDT 2011

Art Hunkins wrote:
> Is there yet a public SoaS release that incorporates Sugar 0.92?
> (Hopefully as an .iso installable via Live USB Creator?)

I just tested
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=2967493&name=Fedora-15-Nightly-20110401.17-i686-Live-soas.iso
It fails with pop-up message "failed to load session"gnome-openbox"
(LOG 0UT)
Then goes to login "Live System User"
when log in get pop-up message "failed to load session"gnome-openbox"
(LOG 0UT)
"other"
gdm shows
GNOME/Openbox  >-get pop-up message "failed to load
session"gnome-openbox"  (LOG 0UT)
Openbox >Live System User  and blank password:(authentication failure)
Sugar > Live System User  and blank password:(authentication failure)
 Command F5 login init3:
root
return
liveinst
Install to HD "use whole disk"
Boot HD in VirtualBox

#sugar IRC clips from booted VM of Soas 20110401:
> * Soas-b81e (~urk at 208-100-148-220.bendbroadband.com) has joined #sugar
> <Soas-b81e> testing Fedora-15-Nightly-20110401.17-i686-live-soas.iso
> installed to HD in Virtualbox. have to use ALT f5 init3 login as root
> then liveinst to install soas. It will not boot as CD get "failed to
> load session "gnome-openbox" pop up. Fix is init3 install then
> incomplete sugar install is possible.
> gdm shows GNOME/Openbox  >-get pop-up message "failed to load
> session"gnome-openbox"  (LOG 0UT)-Openbox >Live System User  and blank
> password:(authentication failure) Sugar > Live System User  and blank
> password:(authentication failure)
we do get boot to gdm with f15 "birds in a tree background" now. but
Sugar-Control Panel says "Sugar on a stick 4 Mango lassi sugar 0.92.0" ?
even though this is f15 spin?
This is better than we have gotten so far with the broken Soas spins in
f15. That is why I have been experimenting with sugar-desktop installs
in gnome3-shell:

See:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Fedora#Fedora-15-Beta-i686-Live-Desktop-Download

Tom Gilliard