[Sugar-devel] Dropbox on the XO

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 08:01:22 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 1:31 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 01:02:46PM +0200, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
> > James suggested Sugar Commander to copy the files from the dropbox
> > folder into the Journal, ...
>
> Not me, probably Other James.

Yes, sorry, it was James Simmons and I only realized now that his message
didn't go to the list...

> > And while I agree that "sugar already has many sharing features" I
> > don't think they're nearly powerful and flexible enough (which reminds
> > of seeing the expression on Richard Smith's face when I showed him
> > this photo from Peru -
> >
> http://www.olpcnews.com/countries/peru/peruvian_pupils_ingenious_method_for_copying_songs.html
> > - which was simply priceless;-).
>
> Very sad.

Not sure why people think it's sad. To me it really is ingenious and I loved
how these pupils worked around the software limitations to achieve what they
wanted.

> > Have you actually used the feature that sends a journal entry
> from one laptop to another over wireless?  'Cause if you haven't used
> it, then perhaps you should retract your opinion until you've had a go
> at it.  There's no point whinging about software written years ago.

Sorry if I touched a soft spot here! ;-)

On a more serious note I saw that my previous e-mail should read "teacher's
normal laptop" rather than "teacher's XO" since the main idea is still to
make it easy to print children's works.

Cheers,
Christoph

--