[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Record UI

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 05:44:54 EDT 2011

as a former audio engineer, I agree visual feedback during recording is vital.

There are lots of ways to do this minimally:

* a red light on in standby, red light blinking when recording
* green blinking light for recording within level, yellow blinking for
close to saturation, red blinking for saturation
* 5-bar pseudo LEDs; 3 green, 1 yellow, 1 red, valid for recording and playback
* a single light varying in intensity, size, or spectrum from green to
red, small to large

FWIW, I also feel the lips are not an intuitive representation of a
microphone. A microphone would best represent mic input.

Sean