[Sugar-devel] Joining the QA Teams

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Thu Sep 30 17:44:50 EDT 2010

Hello; I'm Samuel Greenfeld, and I started work in September as a Lead QA
Engineer for the OLPC Association.  I am based out of the Miami, Florida
OLPC office, where Martin Langhoff also works.

I am currently the primary (and only) QA tester hired by the OLPC
Association.  James Cameron will continue to be the System Test Coordinator
for the OLPC Foundation.

For now, everything will be business as usual, as I am still learning the
product lines.  While I am amongst those who would like to see Sugar,
Fedora, and OLPC QA synchronize procedures and avoid duplicated effort, it
is probably going to be at least a few months before I would feel
comfortable making any significant recommendations (although feel free to
tell me your thoughts).

Part of my duties include supporting upstream (Fedora, Sugar, etc.) QA
efforts, so if you need help please feel free to ask.  But in the event that
OLPC and upstream time constraints collide, I may have to defer to doing
OLPC work.