[Sugar-devel] Dextrose 1 report from Paraguay

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 30 13:10:20 EDT 2010

Hi Martin,

On 30 Sep 2010, at 17:25, Martin Abente wrote:

> Since early this year, the technology team from Paraguay Educa with the
> guide of Bernie Innocenti started the development process of a customized
> build, known as the "py (Paraguay)" build. Originally started as a spin of
> OLPC's build but then it migrated to Sugar 0.88.
>
> A few months later, members of the Sugar community, Plan Ceibal and
> Activity Central joined our efforts into what today we know as Dextrose.
> Since a few months we have been doing some tests at one Caacupe school.
> Recently, we provided Dextrose 1 (os376py) to the all the kids and teachers
> from the 5th and 6th grades (around 60 testers).

Many thanks for passing on this feedback! I always read such reports from the field with great interest as it helps ongoing design decisions.

> What we aimed at was to have a stable build with all the customizations,
> bug fixes and enhancements we developed based on deployments urgent needs,
> Fore more information about Dextrose customizations please visit [1].
>
> The os376py has a few differences with os373pyg (Standard Dextrose 1) that
> is available at [1]:

Is os376py available? I had been testing os373pyg for a while (the latest py build I can find). I didn't realise there was a newer version being tested.

Regards,
--Gary