[Sugar-devel] exporting metadata from the journal

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Wed Sep 29 15:51:07 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Sameer Verma's message of Wed Sep 29 20:39:05 +0200 2010:

> Is there a documented way (or a script) to process all available
> metadata from the Journal? I am looking for timestamps, type of data
> stored, collaborated with, etc. and not the actual content of the
> activity.

Depends on your definition of "documented way" and "process all available
metadata". ;)

sugar.datastore.datastore.find({}) will return DSObject instances for
all entries in the data store (unless you have enough entries to hit
the DBus timeout [1]). Full metadata is available as ds_object.metadata
(or ds_object.metadata.get_dictionary() if the interface of DSMetadata
isn't dict-like enough for your use).

See the Backup [2] activity for how to access the data store directly
via DBus and handling different versions (0.82 - 0.90).

Sascha

[1] https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1936
[2] http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/backup/repos/mainline/trees/master
--