[Sugar-devel] Weekly test request reminders? (was Re: Priorities for testing)

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Wed Sep 29 15:34:17 EDT 2010

On 30 September 2010 07:56, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:

> That would be nice. If you add a "[Testing]" tag to those mails we could
>> set up a mailing list topic to allow people to opt-out (see the
>> subscription options [1]). If mailman supports sorting a message into
>> multiple topics, a [Reminder] topic might be useful as well.
>>
>> Sascha
>>
>> [1] http://lists.sugarlabs.org/options/sugar-devel

> Considering the huge number of lists that many of us follow I would like us
> to consider whether we need to use another list. There are 16 lists on
> lists.sugarlabs.org and over 100 lists on lists.laptop.org and many of us
> follow quite a few and the lines between olpc and Sugar are blurred because
> if you support one you are often found supporting the other.
> Could we use testing at lists.laptop.org or do we need to separate out Sugar
> testing for non XO hardware? Whatever is decided I will follow, just making
> sure we think it through.
> Thanks
> Tabitha

Hi Tabitha,

I think Sascha was just asking that we add [Testing] to messages to
sugar-devel. This means that people can opt-out of those messages in the
list's administration setting.

Coordinating tests between OLPC & Sugar Labs is an interesting one. It's
something I've been working on for several months [1]. Perhaps there could
be a BOF session with a few people in San Fran to work out the simplest way
forward?

Tim

[1] http://people.sugarlabs.org/~tim/testing